Mobile phones are the most used form of electronic devices today. As the dependence on mobile devices and the internet grows by the day, so does the adoption of this technology across all age groups. As adoption rates increase, so do customer expectations of having the application of their choice in the device of their choice. These apps also work as powerful business tools that add value to the offering of a company, enhance their productivity, and increase their customer base. With millions of hours of content and most software offerings being in the form of apps for mobile devices today, any organization that wishes to maximize their customer reach is now investing in mobile apps.
The iOS and Android question
The mobile world today is divided into two major platforms – iOS and Android. Any application designed for mobile device users that does not cater to both platforms is set to lose their adoption rate. Mobile app development companies offer their expertise on iOS, Android and many other software platforms ensuring that your app works seamlessly across all devices. However, just offering application development services is not what is needed in today’s dynamic world.
Custom Mobile App Development
Many software companies offer development platforms that will allow you to use out-of-the-box solutions to cater to your business needs, however, these will be with some minor caveats. These solutions might not fit or cater to all your needs and will end up being a compromise in every sense of the word. Come Custom Mobile Apps – these applications are designed to be according to your requirements. Made to order, custom mobile apps fit all your requirements in every way, ensuring that you and your customers get the best possible solution for your needs.
Why build a custom mobile app?
There are many reasons why you should develop a custom mobile app. Some of these reasons include:
1. Efficiency: Hybrid, web-based, and non-custom apps do suit your budget, but end up being sluggish, inefficient and do not perform the way you would want to across platforms. As these apps are not according to your requirements, they might end up confusing you and your customers regarding user flow or overall customer experience.
2. Scalability: Custom apps are designed to handle more than your projected volume of data. This allows these apps to scale up in the case of need, ensuring that your customers get a fluid and outstanding experience out of the box. With third-party apps, you end up being bogged down by the limitations of those platforms in the case of UI and volume. Custom apps can scale well when designed well and that is extremely important for the volatile customer market of today.
3. Security: General purpose business apps might suit the bill but would be built to the specifications laid down by the platform, which might not offer the level of security that you require. With native and custom apps being extremely secure as they adhere to stringent OS provider platform requirements, these apps can cater to your needs by being extremely secure if need be.
4. User Experience: The most important aspect of an application is user experience. If you wish to have a low churn rate for your app, the interface must be fluid and suit user demands. A good mobile development company will conduct user surveys and go back to the drawing board repeatedly to ensure that your customers get the experience they need.
5. Ease of maintenance: Custom apps are easier to maintain as there are few third-party nuances to deal with. The entire platform is custom designed for your company, ensuring that you get a clear, concise code that fits your requirements and is easy for new programmers to debug.
6. Compatibility: As custom apps are designed to fit your requirements, you can ensure that they fit most, if not all platform you project your users to use. Custom apps can ensure they run smoothly on any mobile platform a user might throw at them, ensuring reduced frustrations and user churn. These apps also ensure that they communicate well with your existing software, helping you re-use existing resources and not having to migrate to or invest in completely new backend systems.
7. Analytics: With custom apps, it is possible to extract as much metadata as you need to power your analytics. This ensures that you understand your users better with cohorts and can help you make informed, user-centric business decisions.
8. Brand Identity: A custom app can help you design the app the way you want it to be, so it best reflects your brand identity. This can further help you steer clear of the generic user interfaces available online today and ensure that your app reflects the same brand identity and logo as your office, your website, and other products.
9. High Visibility and communication: As users spend a lot of time on their mobile devices, a custom app with your custom logo and brand identity will be highly visible and has a much higher chance of your customers identifying with the app and your company’s products. Custom apps also let companies flash alerts and notifications in-app, keeping them engaged.
10. Ease of distribution: As your custom app will be created for multiple platforms, you will be able to push updates faster, ensuring that your users always have the latest and greatest version of your app. Generic platforms often do not harness the power of the platform they are on due to the nature of their build.
Although building your app might seem like a cumbersome and time-consuming process, having an amazing development partner like Volumetree can help you gain ground faster than you imagine! As Volumetree has the experience and the technical expertise a custom app needs in-house, they can help you create your dream app the way you want. With a large development team and domain experts always at their disposal, Volumetree can create complex apps for you in record time with high scalability, efficiency, and quality that rivals the best in the industry.